KSEA NY Chapter News
kseanySTEM User Created Content Competition
STEM User Created Content Competition ("My Video Story for STEM")
The Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) is proudly hosting the first STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) User Created Content (UCC) competition to encourage students (Grade 4-11) to learn STEM and build their future careers in STEM areas by creating video projects. The video project with the topic of “Saving the World through Science and Technology” involves the students actively in the learning process, leading to a deeper and more complex level of understanding STEM in our society and making a decision for the future society.
- Topic – “Saving the World through Science and Technology”
- Submission - One video clip (up to 2 minutes) per student (no copyright violation)*
- Deadline – April 30, 2020
- Awardee Announcement – May 31, 2020
- Eligibility - Students enrolled in the US schools
- Group 1 (Grade 4 – 5)
- Group 2 (Grade 6 – 7)
- Group 3 (Grade 8 – 9)
- Group 4 (Grade 10 – 11)
- Awards / Scholarship
- 1st – 1 student at each group ($1,000 each, total 4 students)**
- 2nd – 2 students at each group ($500 each, total 8 students)
- 3rd – 3 students at each group ($300 each, total 12 students)
- 100 Raffle awards for qualified participants – Amazon certificates ($25 each)
* In creating their video projects, students shall avoid violating copyright laws. Award(s) may be canceled in the event of any violation.
**1st place winners in Groups 3 and 4 will be invited to YSTLC 2020 (ystlc.ksea.org/2020/) with 50 percent discounted registration fee ($1,250 value based on 2019). No cash value. Not transferable.
For questions, please contact Dr. Jiyoon Yoon by e-mail, email@example.com.