Dear Fellow KSEA members,
KSEA is collaborating with Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology (KEIT) to conduct an extensive technology demand survey from all KSEA members.
The results from this survey will serve as a basis for the Request for Proposal (RFP) next fiscal year and may lead to initiate joint R&D projects between Korea and US researchers. Thus this project provides an excellent opportunity for KSEA members to collaborate with Korean colleagues with the support from the Korean funding agencies. We would greatly appreciate it if you can fill out the attached Survey Form either in Korean (preferred) or English with reference to the attached Technology Classification, and return it to Ms. Euna Yoon at KSEA HQ (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 6, 2016.
Survey requirements include:
(1) Survey Form either in Korean (Preferred) or English
(2) Submission window date: due by 5:00pm, May 6, 2016, proposer’s local time
(3) Limit on Number of Survey Forms per PI or Co-PI: Two (2)
(4) Who May Submit:
(a) KSEA membership is NOT required.
(b) This survey is open to U.S. scientists and engineers only (U.S. scientists and engineers are those who are affiliated with a US institution) – Per KEIT request, however, those who are affiliated with a Korean institution in Korea and currently visiting the United States (e.g., as a visiting scholar) are NOT eligible for this survey. 미국 기관 소속된 연구자만 대상 – KEIT 요구에 의해 한국 기관 소속 연구자는 제외 (예, 한국에서 오신 visiting scholar분들은 참여 불가능)
- Participants will receive $50 per a reviewed and accepted survey as a token of appreciation.
- Selected proposers will be invited to participate in a Forum at UKC 2016 to be hosted by the KEIT.
- The local chapters or Affiliated Professional Societies (APS) that submit 10 or more accepted survey forms will receive an additional support of $300. A special, additional prize ($500) will be awarded for one local chapter and one APS with the most accepted surveys over 10. Please note that these awards are only valid for the first 100 accepted surveys so please take an action quickly.
We look forward to your active participation in this exciting opportunity to work with your R&D colleagues in Korea. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your colleagues who might be interested in participation. Please direct any inquiries to Ms. Euna Yoon at KSEA HQ (email@example.com).
Principal Investigator: Youngsoo Richard Kim, PhD., President of KSEA
Co-Principal Investigator: Chang Soo Nam, PhD., Project Direct 5