Call for Submission to the KITEE / NRC 2018 Idea Pitch Competition
In order to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American scientists, engineers, and students studying engineering and science and encourage them to build a promising startup, KITEE holds its second Idea Pitch Competition on March 24th, 2018 together with the NRC Committee. In the competition to be held during the NRC 2018, future Korean-American entrepreneurs will compete individually or as a team to win an award of $2,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from KITEE Angel Committee in various areas including formation, business plan, fundraising, legal, accountant and financial, marketing & channel introduction, and related technologies until they grow to the next phase of business.
Scope: Any compelling idea for business that are NOT commercialized yet and still at an idea level.
Winners (up to 3)
• 1st place: $2,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from KITEE Angel Committee
• 2nd place: $1,000
• 3rd place: $500
Eligibility: Any KSEA and KITEE member as of March 15th, 2018 can compete as an individual or a team (one or more KSEA or KITEE members).
• March 20th, 2018 (5PM) Application due (by email)
• March 20th, 2018 Pre-screening result (document examination)
• March 24th, 2018 Presentation
• March 24th, 2018 Interview and Q&A for finalists
• March 24th, 2018 Winner announcement
• By 5 PM, March 20th, submit a one-page plan to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: title, team members, market need (problem to solve), solution (product or service), why now, market validation, competition and advantage, etc.
• Those who pass the pre-screen will be provided a template for presentation on 3/24/2018.
• A Competition Committee will pre-screen applications, select up to five finalists who will compete in the second round, Interview and Q&A, and choose up to three winners.
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.
Updated information will be available at the KITEE website, http://www.kitee.org