Dear KSEA Members,
We at KSEA are very pleased to announce the 2016 Young Generation Forum (YGF) program to be held from July 11 to July 19, 2016, in Seoul, South Korea. Each year since 2002, the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST) and the Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) have been hosting the Young Generation Forum by bringing young Korean Heritage scientists and engineers from all over the world to Korea. The goal is to share the Korean vision of science and technology around the world.
The Young Generation Forum brings together 80 of the brightest ethnic Koreans from all over the world. KSEA is proud to be able to send 16 delegates from the US to the event, FREE to the participants. Participants will also be pulled from other countries including Korea itself, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, China, and Kazakhstan to learn more about Korea, and create a strong worldwide network. This is a rare opportunity to meet young generation scientists and technology leaders from all over the world, experience Korean culture, and share research ideas. Some key points are highlighted below.
- Free event registration
- Meals and lodging for 9 days and 8 nights
- Travel stipend to cover the round-trip airfare from U.S. to Korea (check our YGF website for details).
- Participants will visit various locations in Seoul, Daejeon,Gyeongju, Ulsan, and Pohang. The full schedule is available on our YG Forum website.
- Current college junior or senior, graduate student. or post-doctoral fellow. Those entering graduate school in the fall are also eligible to apply.
- Background / major in science, engineering, or technology.
- 1.5, 2nd or later generation Korean-American (i.e. born in the U.S. or have attended high school in the U.S.)
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (must submit a copy of U.S. passport or permanent resident card as proof).
- Born in 1982 or later.
- Must NOT have attended a prior YGF.
- Conversational in English with basic understanding of Korean.
- Must be certain of availability during July 11 to July 19, 2016.
- Note that special consideration made for applicants with socially disadvantaged backgrounds (see website application for more details).
How to Apply:
- Register (or update) your KSEA membership.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit your proof of legal USA residency.
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 13, 2016 (11:59 PM PDT)
Finalist Notification from KSEA: Monday, March 21, 2016
Final Notification from KOFST: TBD
Visit KSEA’s YGF 2016 website for program highlights, past photos, the application, links to past Facebook pages, and the Frequency Asked Question (FAQ) page. If you have any additional questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
KSEA Young Generation Committee Chair
YGF 2016 KSEA Representative