Call for Submission to the KITEE / NRC 2018 Idea Pitch Competition
In order to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American scientists, engineers, and students studying engineering and science and encourage them to build a promising startup, KITEE holds its second Idea Pitch Competition on March 24th, 2018 together with the NRC Committee. In the competition to be held during the NRC 2018, future Korean-American entrepreneurs will compete individually or as a team to win an award of $2,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from KITEE Angel Committee in various areas including formation, business plan, fundraising, legal, accountant and financial, marketing channel introduction, and related technologies until they grow to the next phase of business.
Scope: Any compelling idea for business that are NOT commercialized yet and still at an idea level.
Winners (up to 3)
• 1st place: $2,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from KITEE Angel Committee
• 2nd place: $1,000
• 3rd place: $500
Eligibility: Any KSEA and KITEE member as of March 15th, 2018 can compete as an individual or a team (one or more KSEA or KITEE members).
• March 20th, 2018 (5PM) Application due (email)
• March 20th, 2018 Pre-screening result (document examination)
• March 24th, 2018 Presentation
• March 24th, 2018 Interview and QA for finalists
• March 24th, 2018 Winner announcement
• By 5 PM, March 20th, submit a one-page plan to email@example.com with the following: title, team members, market need (problem to solve), solution (product or service), why now, market validation, competition and advantage, etc.
• Those who pass the pre-screen will be provided a template for presentation on 3/24/2018.
• A Competition Committee will pre-screen applications, select up to five finalists who will compete in the second round, Interview and QA, and choose up to three winners.
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.
Updated information will be available at the KITEE website, http://www.kitee.org